*****THE WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY IS UPDATED HERE!*****
Running certainly isn’t for everyone, yet, the irony is that anyone can do it. You don’t need a whole bunch of fancy things to get your run done..all you need is you, the road, and some sneakers.
Even though anyone can run, not everyone can understand the little things that make up the runner YOU are. In fact, there are probably 84,000 things that my non running friends will look at me, shake their heads, and just say “huh?”
1. ….The importance of being matchy-matchy with your running/racing outfits
2. …Why sometimes you just DONT care if you match, at all. Not even one BIT.
3. …Black toenails. You’re as proud of them as you are in pain. They are a badge of honor. While others may tell you that your feet are gross, you wear those black toes with HONOR, my running friend. And maybe paint them?
4. …Why two runners can wear the same exact shoe and one of us will only run 200 miles in them , yet another will run 400. We runners know that every body, every foot and every runner is unique in what feels right in their own individual running style and apparel.
5. …Why researching a new to you shoe to run in can take countless hours spent on the intergooglewebs, consultation among your other runner friends, a trip to your local running store(sometimes twice because you just weren’t sure yet)
sidenote:these are the only two pics I could find of me post-marathon where I had a beer in my hand. Yet, I know there are many more instances where I drank one…I’m going to have to work on my photo skills, clearly. You know, so I can continue to amuse you all 😉
7. Why you can think you’re broke, yet somehow are able to justify/find the $ to buy three(or more) pairs of your favorite running shoes on clearance for half price. you are saving yourself money, right? It’s like budgeting for your future self!?!
10…Why getting up at <5:00AM to get your run done makes you feel like you are ONTOPOFTHEFREAKINGWORLD. To every person you meet that day, you will want to
bore tell them your tale of “How This Runner Got Up Real Early”. (Note their glassy eyed appearance)
11…. Why your bowel movements or,lack there of, concern you … And not only that it gets even weirder… They can sympathize and share their own horror stories. Runners learn early on that really is no boundaries in the conversational topics that concern our runs. Really, you lose all shame after you’ve had some, ahem, “situations”. I’ll leave it at that. #yourewelcomefornotdescribinganything
12…Chaffing. Unless you are a runner. You truly cannot comprehend the pain of chaffing. Especially whose times where you don’t already know you’re chaffed, and you hop into the shower and the water hits you….world of pain. Chafing literally can happen anywhere where you wear clothing since it’s cause by fabrics running against our skin. Gross.
13…Your reasons WHY you run Everybody has their own. I have probably a thousand that I could list off for you. Someone who doesn’t run just might not get why you run. How it clears your head and makes you feel/look better. I guess it’s just your little secret then 😉
Why do you run?
What are some things that you find non-running friends saying to you?
*****CHECK OUT THE WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY UPDATED HERE!*****