Somewhere between doing laundry, a sleepless night, and reading a fellow blogger’s post about doing their own running laundry, I started to think about all the things that would happen in my life if I WASN’T a runner…
–If I wasn’t a runner…. I wouldn’t have as much laundry to do … I have massive piles to do every week..sports bras…thermo insulated pants & shirts…and since I’m a
crazy insane laundry nazi and want the clothes to last forever, everything must air dry. Hey, those clothes are EXPENSIVE! I can’t wait until Spring/Summer: My laundry shrinks by HALF because its sooo much less clothing!
–If I wasn’t a runner….I would be SOOOO MUCH richer. I shudder to think how much I will have spent this year on race entries….( I will do the math later, thank you very much J )And SHOES…oh, shoes. At anywhere between $50-$110 a pair….yikes. My shoes have a life of 300-400 miles. I run 60 miles a week. I have been a runner for 13 years. You do the math. But don’t tell me, I don’t wanna know.
–If I wasn’t a runner….…I would probably not eat as much. You should see the massive piles of food I bring with me everyday to work…its actually comical how many containers I have. (SEE ABOVE for “I would be richer”..I spend a lot on food…)
– if I wasn’t a runner… I would have loads of free time. Ohhhh boy would I have free time.
– if I wasn’t a runner… I would have ALL my toenails. AND my feet would most likely be MUCH cuter. (I think only 1% of runners out there actually have cute feet.) Just sayin.
– If I wasn’t a running blogger I would definitely would get a whole lot more sleep. I recently made a rule for myself: NO BLOGGING after 7 pm….If I blog too late at night, I can’t sleep because then all the ideas are whirling around in my head for future posts and I am compelled to write them down!. I had to make the same rule for myself for Pinterest before, too…I wanted to stay up all night and CRAFT
– if I never became a runner… All that free time I have? What would I do with all of it??
– if I never became a runner… I wouldn’t know how to define, and use correctly in a sentence, words like Fartlek (is that a weird kind of fart?), Yasso (seriously you pulling my leg?), Tempo, and Intervals.
– if I never became a runner… I would have never known the sense of accomplishment that comes from reaching the top of a hill that has always kicked you’re a**. I would never have known how glorious it feels to get a PR. I may not have all my toenails…But I have something BETTER. I know secrets about myself that I wouldn’t have known if I wasn’t a runner.
– if I never became a runner… I wouldn’t know what it is like to compete in a race. To feel that heat inside me that says “LETS GO”. I would have never known how satisfying it is to be faster than the boys (esp when they get frustrated when a GIRL passes them by!)
– if I never became a runner… I would lack the confidence I feel within myself and knowing that I am good at something. I would not know how strong my own legs can be.
Those strong legs literally take me exploring anywhere I want to go.
– if I never became a runner… I wouldn’t have been as many cool places, seen as much, learned as many things…and I wouldn’t have become who I am today
– if I never became a runner… …I just wouldn’t be me!
Where do you think you would be now if you hadn’t become a runner?
-I really can NOT guess where I would be now!
happy HUMP DAYYYYY!
RUN FREE, RUN STRONG!